The European Network of Mentors for Women Entrepreneurs is one of the actions proposed in the 2011 SBA Review and aims at promoting female entrepreneurship in Europe. From 2011 to 2013 the Network enforced and complimented the actions to promote, support and encourage female entrepreneurship that started with the creation of the European Network of Female Entrepreneurship Ambassadors (ENFEA) in 2009.
As a partner of this EU funded regional project, KAGİDER has established the mentors network for women entrepreneurs all around Turkey, especially Anatolia region. The mentor network of Turkey is tied to a larger European Mentor Network together with other Balkan and Eastern European Countries.
KAGİDER is currently running a continuous mentorship mechanism that will empower female entrepreneurs all around Turkey, by ensuring sustainability of newly established women entrepreneurs throughout the first very challenging years of their businesses.
At the end of the Project, all mentees were asked to fill the Performance Analysis Forms, the outputs of the Forms were assessed and statistical outcomes were collected and analysed.
- 55% of the mentees sustained their existing situation in their businesses,
- 26% moved to a new and bigger office,
- 15% opened a new brach or a storehouse,
- 76% of the mentees achieved progress in either their office stock or capital
- 4% engaged in a new partnership initiative,
- 85% of the mentees stated that, they received support simultaneously in 4 or 5 of these parameters; sales, management skills, work plan preparation-application-follow up, financial matters, employee management, advertisement, and customer management
- 60% of the entrepreneurs (16 companies) who have participated to the Project hired additional staff.
- 64% of the entrepreneurs that participated in the Project, increased their turnover.
Based on a general evaluation of the Performance Analysis Forms, the positive developments in the companies of the mentees can be pointed as tangible indicators in regards to the sustainability of those companies.