Under the Technical Assistance of the World Bank, KAGİDER has developed the Gender Equality Model for Turkey (FEM) concentrating on Equal Opportunities in the Workplace. The launch of the project was realized on July 25th, 2011 with the participation of World Bank President, Robert Zoellick, and 11 Private Sector Company CEOs’.
The objective of the project is to help the private sector focus on key elements integral in promoting gender equality in the workplace, marketplace and community. An overall goal of the project is promoting gender equity in employment, wages while enhancing the productivity of women in the Turkish labor force and promoting equal opportunity practices in the business world.
The Gender Equity Certification Program is voluntary and is applied to companies, and organizations that wish to demonstrate their commitment to gender equity. A certificate is awarded to organizations whose policies and practices meet the criteria defined below. The model is designed so to be audited by independent agencies that will issue a recommendation related to the status of the organization that has been evaluated. The recommendation for receiving the certificate will proceed when compliance with the model’s requirements, in terms of its development and implementation, have been met.
Main criterias for the certification
1. The CEO Declaration and Commitment to Equal Opportunities
2. Equal Opportunities in Job Recruitment and Selection
3. Equality in Access to Trainings and Self-Improvement Activities
4. Equality in Promotions and Career Development Opportunities
5. Career Support Procedures for Employees with Children
6. Procedures for Harassment and Claim Management in the Workplace
7. Communications Language and Corporate Advertisements
In 2014, KAGIDER’s FEM project received the biggest International Public Relations Award “IPRA Golden Awards” in the NGO category.